Date: 10 August 2019, 10 AM to 12:00 PM
Includes a simple healthy and vegetarian Khitchadi meal.
- In Ayurvedic cooking spices are valued for their medicinal or healing properties.
- Spices play an important role in digestion and assimilation of food and help maintain a balanced and healthy digestion.
Many of the spices used in Ayurvedic cooking such as turmeric, ginger, cumin, fenugreek, coriander and cardamom, amongst others, are also medicinal herbs used in Ayurveda. Cooking daily with those spices can:
- enhance digestion, absorption and
- assimilation of food,
- improve one’s appetite and elimination;
- nourish the internal organs and
- prevent doshic imbalance.
Spices also provide a harmonious blend of the six tastes. Taste is medicinal and is the first form of nourishment. A meal containing a balanced blend of the six tastes, aside from being more appealing to the tongue, is also more digestible at a deep cellular level.
Come and taste, smell and learn about some common spices of Ayurvedic Kitchen with us.
- Location 10/22 Shields Crescent Booragoon 6154
- Status Registration Closed