Feb 2020 Wellness Events Report
Health and Wellbeing in Fast-Paced Life
This event is designed for busy people who have no or limited knowledge of Ayurveda. This was about introducing hoe to preserve, promote and restore mind, body, Spirit balance. This balance can be achieved by creating custom diet and lifestyle most suited to their unique mind-body.
Understanding Wellness Medicine in Clinical Practice
This event was designed for Wellness and Clinical Professionals. It was first event of its kind organised in Perth, based on Ayurvedic Principles. Dr Rajen Cooppan is the key presenter. A group of western trained Perth based GPs and specialists co-delivered the conference with Dr Rajen. All Presenters have studied Ayurveda with Ayurveda Awareness Centre and key presenter, Dr Cooppan.
- The 7 Skills of Wellness Dr Rajen Cooppan
- Wellness Supporting Diet with Neerja Ahuja
- Metabolic Dysfunction & Cardiovascular Disease with Dr Devind Bhullar
- Menstrual Dysfunction with Dr Sarah Moore
- The Aging Brain with Dr Siva Krishnan
Ayurvedic Wellness Workshops
This event was designed for general public and health care professionals e.g. Ayurveda, Yoga, Nurses, Natural Health practitioners and students. This event was designed to be more experiential in nature so that participants can take away and implement what they learnt and enjoyed during hands on exercises.
Presenters were Dr Rajen Cooppan and Neerja Ahuja
Topics of the day were
- The seven skills of wellness
- Understanding your ayurvedic body type
- Connection between mental & emotional hygiene and your health
- Impact of food on mind & body
- Relationship between breathing and stress
Presenters for Medical Conference , (Dr Rajen Cooppan and Neerja Ahuja were also presenters for Ayurvedic Wellness Workshops), were:
- Dr Rajen Cooppan, MBChB, MD, Adv. Dip. Ayurveda, Dip. Nutritional and Natural Medicine
- Dr Leslie Gan, MB BS, FRCOG, FRANZCOG.
- Neerja Ahuja Adv. Dip. in Ayu., Dip Human Values, M.A. (Maths. Statistics), Grad. Dip.(Computing), Yoga Instructor
- Dr Devind Bhullar, BMedSc, MBBS, FRACP, FCSANZ, FACNEM
- Dr Siva Krishnan , MBBS, Adv. Dip. Ayurveda, Dip. Acupuncture
- Dr Sarah Moore, MBBS, FRACGP, FACRRM, FARGP, DRANZCOG