Shirodhara – calming the nervous system
Precisely prepared herbalised oil flows in a steady, rhythmic manner over specific points on the forehead. A heat retaining pot (shiropot) is used to administer this treatment. As the oil runs over the forehead, the herbs act to gently rest the nervous system.
This process is intensely relaxing, as deep-seated emotional and mental toxins are released. For the subtle effects of Shirodara to have maximum impact, it is best administered in conjunction with a full-body massage. By relaxing the physical body first, a context is created within which the mind can relax too.
Benefits of Shirodhara
- Relieves mental stress and calms the overactive mind
- Releases stored emotional stress and promotes emotional & mental balance
- Relieves headaches – especially tension headaches
- Improves sleep patterns and the quality of Sattwa (purity) in the mind
- Improves memory & concentration as well as cognitive ability