Panchakarma Treatment for Emotional Wellbeing
- The most effective way of ridding the body of harmful toxins and rejuvenating it to the deepest cellular level
- A highly effective way of de-stressing and reversing the ageing process
- The most profound effect Panchakarma treatments offer, is the manner in which they reconnect the individual to their true nature that is often obscured by stress and toxic accumulation. The rebalancing that occurs in the nervous system is most noticeable, and the deep sense of feeling centered is often transformational. At times a few kilograms in weight are lost during treatment – a positive sign that toxins are indeed being
- Initial assessment. A preliminary consultation with our Lifestyle Consultant will establish your individual issues and needs and result in a tailor-made treatment program for you. This will include dietary and lifestyle recommendation as well as suggestions for suitable treatments.
- Detoxification. A selection of treatments is administered – normally over a period of five consecutive days. Each treatment targets specific areas to soften, loosen and mobilise any accumulated toxins. This is achieved by gentle internal and external oleation, using herbalised oils and steam. Once the toxins have been mobilised, appropriate procedures are used to remove them from the body.
- Rejuvenation. During the rejuvenation phase, the cleansed cell tissues are nourished and strengthened to boost the body’s immune system and restore proper metabolism. This is achieved through rejuvenating herbal tonics and appropriate diet.
- Continuous maintenance. Your Lifestyle Consultant will support you in establishing diet and lifestyle routines that will maintain your health and wellbeing in the long term.
Depending on the prescribed regime, each day of the 5 to 14 day treatments may take up to 4 hours each to complete. We work with a combination of traditional herbal oils (handmade at our Centre) and a diet intended to detox and nurture the entire physiology of the individual.
The cost of a Panchakarma treatment depends on the protocol selected for unique requirements of the individual. Your Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant will assist you in developing the most appropriate programme for your needs during your initial consultation.
Once a treatment protocol has been implemented, the following parameters are used to monitor progress or improvement:
- Relief from pain associated with the disease.
- Improvement of voice and complexion.
- Normalization of body weight.
- Increase in strength and vitality.
- Desire for food and improved appetite.
- Enjoyment of food.
- Timely and proper digestion.
- Sleep at the proper time.
- Absence of fearful dreams or disturbed sleep.
- Feeling of happiness and vitality upon awakening.
- Proper elimination of urine, stool and flatus.
- Mental clarity.
Protocols of Panchakarma available at our centre
- Snehana – Ayurvedic full body massage
- Shirodhara – calming the nervous system
- Kati Basti – relief for abdomen & lower back
- Hrud Basti – nurturing heart treatment
- Nasya – clearing the head and sinuses
- Netra Basti – the rejuvenating eye bath
- Bashpaswed – healing steam for the whole body
- Nadiswed – healing steam for specific areas
- Niruha & Anuvasana Basti – therapeutic purification & rejuvenation of the colon
An Ayurvedic detoxification and rejuvenation program takes a minimum of five consecutive days. During this time it is advisable to take time off work to allow you complete rest. The detoxification process can be quite demanding on your system and you may feel tired or emotional as a consequence. It is not advisable to engage in any mentally or physically challenging activities throughout the week, including watching TV, reading books or socialising.
The cost of a Panckakarma treatment depends on the unique requirements of the individual. Your Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant will assist you in developing the most appropriate programme for your needs.